Black Wood USA's Walnut AR-15 Grip mates hand-finished wood panels with a precision-machined aluminum grip frame from Indian Creek Design. The panels bring the traditional look and feel of wood to the modern AR-15 platform in a shape ideal for positive control, ergonomics, and comfort on your CQB or full-size battle rifle.
The grip angle is more vertical than traditional A2-style AR-15 pistol grips. This design draws inspiration from the famous 1911's grip angle and is optimized for use on CQB rifles.
All grips are drop-in upgrades for AR-10 and AR-15 style firearms and require no additional tools.
Please Note: Our grips are designed to fit mil-spec AR-15 lowers. While they will function correctly on a wide variety of firearms that utilize this style of lower, we cannot guarantee that the grips will fit perfectly on all larger caliber AR-10/SR25-style firearms.
About The Wood
English Walnut is a classic hardwood that has been used in firearms production for centuries. Its colors range from blonde to dark brown with most pieces having little color variation. The Wood Database rates its Janka Hardness at 1,220 lb.
No two pieces of lumber are alike and neither are our grip panels. We take pride in the unique patterns and colors found in each of our grip panels and know that you'll love the way the wood complements your firearm. Please note therefore, that the pieces you receive may not look exactly like those shown in the images.
About Our Collections
Every piece of wood we use is unique. However, to help ensure that the furniture on your rifle provides a uniform aesthetic, we do our best to match all wood furniture pieces within the same wood type. For example, you can rest assured that our Walnut (or Rosewood, Zebrawood, etc) Stock, Grip and Rail Panels will all look great together on your weapon.
Installed the new grip and it’s awesome! It gives my AR a timeless look and feels great in my hand. The grip was missing a set screw but one quick email to Black Wood and they sent a replacement at no charge. They stand by their products.
It’s a very nice grip, just wasn’t the same wood that was shown in the picture. I guess I was expecting it to look different
Wood AR-15 Grip, Walnut
Love the product and it looks great!
Great service and product
1. Make sure the weapon is unloaded.
2. Remove the lower receiver from firearm and turn upside down.
3. Remove existing grip from weapon making sure not to lose the safety selector spring that is exposed when grip is removed.
4. Remove Black Wood USA grip with wood grip panels, bolt and allen wrenches from packaging.
5. Use the small allen wrench to remove the left or right wood grip panel.
6. Insert the large bolt into the hole located on the top of the aluminum grip frame so that the bolt’s threads extend above the top of the grip frame.
7. Align grip to the lower receiver ensuring that the safety selector detent spring extends into its hole on the top of the grip frame.
8. Use included large allen wrench to tighten the grip frame bolt onto the receiver.
9. Use the small allen wrench to reinstall the wood grip panel. Only use the short end of the allen wrench to tighten.Caution, do not overtighten!
10. Test safety selector switch and general weapon function prior to firing.
Care and Maintenance
Your grip panels are hand sealed with multiple layers of penetrating sealant. After heavy-long term use, wipe on a coat or two of boiled linseed oil to protect the surface and preserve the wood.
Examples of how others have used our components on their rifles.
Build and photos and Jace.
Rifle by Mike. Photos by Zero7One.