Black Wood USA's Featherweight Walnut AR-15 Grip mates hand-finished wood panels with Venom Defense's super lightweight, precision-machined aluminum grip frame. The shape of the aluminum frame and natural texture of the wood provide excellent grip for the glove and glove-free shooter alike. Weighing in at just over 2 ounces, our featherlight grip is one of the lightest AR-15 grips available.
All grips are drop-in upgrades for AR-10 and AR-15 style firearms and require no additional tools.
Please Note: Our grips are designed to fit mil-spec AR-15 lowers. While they will function correctly on a wide variety of firearms that utilize this style of lower, we cannot guarantee that the grips will fit perfectly on all larger caliber AR-10/SR25-style firearms.
About The Wood
English Walnut is a classic hardwood that has been used in firearms production for centuries. Its colors range from blonde to dark brown with most pieces having little color variation. The Wood Database rates its Janka Hardness at 1,220 lb.
No two pieces of lumber are alike and neither are our grip panels. We take pride in the unique patterns and colors found in each of our grip panels and know that you'll love the way the wood complements your firearm. Please note therefore, that the pieces you receive may not look exactly like those shown in the images.
About Our Collections
Every piece of wood we use is unique. However, to help ensure that the furniture on your rifle provides a uniform aesthetic, we do our best to match all wood furniture pieces within the same wood type. For example, you can rest assured that our Walnut (or Rosewood, Zebrawood, etc) Stock, Grip and Rail Panels will all look great together on your weapon.
Better quality than I could’ve hoped for. Fits the hand very comfortably, looks great, and absolutely worth the price
Feels great, light as intended, and provides a unique look even compared to other wood pistol grips. Overall great product.
I was very pleased to receive an email stating that the grips were finally back in stock so without hesitation I jumped at the chance and couldn’t be happier, the look and feel of the grip is phenomenal and really adds a style that stands out in a better than good way. Very happy with this purchase!
This one has finger grooves, and is thin. The look, fit, and feel of this is awesome. Took my M4’s looks to the next level. I plan on buying several more in the next few months. No respectable build is complete without one of these.
1. Make sure the weapon is unloaded.
2. Remove the lower receiver from firearm and turn upside down.
3. Remove existing grip from weapon making sure not to lose the safety selector spring that is exposed when grip is removed.
4. Remove Black Wood USA grip with wood grip panels, bolt and allen wrenches from packaging.
5. Use the small allen wrench to remove the left or right wood grip panel.
6. Insert the large bolt into the hole located on the top of the aluminum grip frame so that the bolt’s threads extend above the top of the grip frame.
7. Align grip to the lower receiver ensuring that the safety selector detent spring extends into its hole on the top of the grip frame.
8. Use included large allen wrench to tighten the grip frame bolt onto the receiver.
9. Use the small allen wrench to reinstall the wood grip panel. Only use the short end of the allen wrench to tighten.Caution, do not overtighten!
10. Test safety selector switch and general weapon function prior to firing.
Care and Maintenance
Your grip panels are hand sealed with multiple layers of penetrating sealant. After heavy-long term use, wipe on a coat or two of boiled linseed oil to protect the surface and preserve the wood.
Examples of how others have used our components on their rifles.
Build and photos and Jace.
Rifle by Mike. Photos by Zero7One.